Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello Again

This is my second attempt at making (and sticking with) a blog. My first, Valley of Shadow, was intended to be about being a Shadow Priest in the World of Warcraft. For a few days, I posted a lot. Then I stopped. For months.

Now, at the end of October, a few WoW related things have changed for me. I no longer plan to raid on my Shadow Priest. It's not that I don't love her, of course I do. She has traveled with me from noob guild to a raiding guild that finished the Burning Crusade in the top 10 on our server. She has healed her heart out. She has melted faces. But she has served her time. So I'm making a switch.

I'm no longer a fairly experienced Shadow Priest. Now, I am a totally inexperienced Shaman. My Shaman was created a few months ago when some real life friends started playing. I'll be honest and say that this most recent character is at least the third Shaman I started, and the only one to make it past level 14. I might have leveled a shaman without my friends needing help with lowbie zones, but I doubt it. Levels 1-15 were not a lot of fun solo, but were much more entertaining when I was also trying to explain the difference between yellow mobs (you have to hit them first) and red ones (run away!). Although my friends didn't take to the game as much as I had hoped, once I leveled the shaman to 20, I was hooked. I left them behind and kept leveling on my own. Levels 20-40 were still somewhat slow, but having a mount at 30 helped. Once I hit 40 and learned Stormstrike, leveling was a breeze. Now that I'm level 70 and sporting a mix of Karazhan, Zul'Aman, and heroic gear, I've set my sights on healing.

My goal for this blog is to follow the learning curve of a newish character in Wrath of the Lich King. I don't know everything there is to know about my class, but I'm trying to learn. And no matter what, you'll get to hear about my guild, both the good and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment