Saturday, June 21, 2008

Valley of Shadow

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

I feel slightly sacreligious beginning a blog that will end up dealing with my love of a computer game with a quote from the King James Bible. After all, David was definitely not talking about Shadow Word: Death. His trials and tribulations were life and death--the kind of death you can't wisp away from. When he suffered from a Weakened Soul it wasn't a debuff lasting only 15 seconds, but a state of mind that put his entire existence, as well as that of his people, in danger. My Valley of Shadow isn't that deep. It's about playing a Shadow Priest in the World of Warcraft.

I'm an Officer in xeno, a raiding guild on the PvP server Thunderlord. I'm also one of our few raiding Shadow Priests. However, if you want to ask me about the best way to level a Shadow Priest, you've come to the wrong girl. I leveled to 70 the hard way. I was Holy/Discipline until my guild was raiding in Karazhan. Yes. I am crazy. You will figure this out eventually, so I might as well fess up now.

I hope you check back for more updates, although I'm not making any crazy promises about regular posts. I have a grown-up job that funds my WoW habit. It comes second (after my family and friends). And my guild comes third. Blathering about being a girl gamer, WoW aficionado, and Shadow Priest is a distant fourth. But I like to blather, so I'm sure you'll hear from me often.

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment